Celebrate our 20th vintage!
Join us for 2022 Hands-on harvest
Saturday 19 March 2022 / 9am to 5pm!
From vine to table! Get ready for a fun-filled event, with wine, sunshine, and smiles.
Limited access. Please book your pass online or contact us:
firstname.lastname@example.org / +27 (0) 78 582 98 36
Morning: Gain first-hand experience at what it takes to be a winemaker; from hand-picking grapes in the vineyards to barefoot pressing in the cellar.
From noon and all afternoon: Brunch, relax and chill with party music and wine tasting under the ancient oaks of Springfontein wine Estate.
PRICE: R350 PER PERSON, INCLUDES:
Vineyard tour and tractor ride,
Handpicking your own grapes from the vineyard,
Sorting grapes and barefoot pressing at the cellar,
Tank/Barrel tasting experience,
Traditional South African braai,
WHAT TO EXPECT AT SPRINGFONTEIN’S 2022 HARVEST FESTIVAL:
- From 8h30 to 9am: Arrival at Springfontein Wine Estate,
- From 9 to 11am: Kick off with a tractor ride, vineyard tour, walk through the rows of vines, hand-pick grapes and transport the fruit of your labour to the cellar,
- From 11am to 12:30pm: Sorting the grapes in the cellar, stomp them the old-fashioned way, with your feet. Cellar tour and barrel tasting.
- From noon to 5pm: In a picnic setting, enjoy tapas, cheese platters, and braai. Our full wine list available at Ulumbaza bar(n).
SNIP & SIP TIPS:
- Perhaps the least glamorous thing about winemaking is what you have to wear; waterproof clothes, shoes or boots enabling your moove freely, and that protects you from sharp vines,
- Grape picking is a sticky business, so bring along a pair of dishwashing gloves (they’re nice and flexible).
- Don’t forget to bring along a sun hat, sun screen and a bottle of water.
- If getting down and dirty isn’t quite your cup of ’’wine’’, then why not meeting our winemaking team or simply go wine tasting and enjoy summer at the estate.
- Don’t forget to charge your phone/camera to immortalise those great moments,
- Lastly, remember to have fun!